Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Landscape Commission - Final


"Name to be determined"
12 X 16 Oil on archival canvas board


Today I finished this painting! It was such a
pleasure to work on. When I first saw the
photographs of this place, I instantly got that
little tingle at the back of my neck that I refer
to as my 'great painting material meter'! There
just were so many elements about this place that
I love to paint: the cabin, dappled sunlight, split
rail fence, wildflowers...
Thanks again to everyone for your comments.
I will be posting this up on the
don't feel as though you have to comment both
places!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job, Claire. As a photographer, I really appreciate that beautiful light. Lovely delicate touch with the wildflowers, too! Diane HH

Autumn Leaves said...

I think I've already commented on this piece over at the other site in one of its earlier stages, Claire...But still, this is just awesome to my eyes. I really REALLY want to live here!! I have always loved log cabins and that stone fireplace is just to die for! I caught your comment on my blog and no worries. I'm just so glad to finally have found this blog of your's! I honestly have been looking for awhile (and when I click on your hightlighted name, I don't think this one is listed as one of your blogs, though two others are - the daily painters one, and your art website).

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thank you, Diane. The light in the photograph is what made this an exciting piece to paint.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thanks, AutumnLeaves - I am with you, this looks like a place I would like to live on a daily basis! Can you imagine the wildlife you would see, and then to top it all off you have all of those wildflowers in the spring...an artist's dream!
Glad you found me - I will double check my links to make sure they are pointing to the correct sites.

Unknown said...

Feels like holidaying here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails