Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

INTERLOPER (ACORN AND LEAF III)


'Interloper'
Oil 8 x 8

Last Summer, my grandson was so excited because
he found a nest in the woods behind his house that
'would just be perfect for you to paint, Grandma'.
I had to agree, and have been waiting for the
opportunity to pull it into one of my paintings.
I am curious as to what bird would build this
tiny nest - it's opening is only 2" at the widest part.
Anyone out there know?
Obviously something other than a bird decided
to lay it's 'egg' in the nest this time!

If you would like to see more of my work,
please check out my website. Thank you.

7 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Claire, this is just exquisite! I love nature, all things trees, nests, etc. I find myself marveling at how that acorn managed to land just right into that nest with such a small opening. I take such delight in little miracles such as these. Each time I see one of this series, I am reminded of one of the kids' books that I have about Winnie the Pooh and haycorn pies!

Leslie Hawes said...

Hummingbird.
Love the painting.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thank you, Sherry and Leslie. I was hoping this was a hummingbird nest, Leslie!

Pattie Wall said...

Wonder if it's a hummingbird if it will be returning? You will have to have your grandson keep an eye on it and let us know! I like the shadows you have added.

Pat Koscienski said...

What a beautiful painting and composition this made, Claire. It has an abstract quality about it. Love it.

Gwen Bell said...

Wow! Your grandson has a great eye! This makes such a wonderful composition with it's reaching branches. Perfect title too.

I agree that it must be a hummingbird's nest. How special!

Rosemary said...

What a great job you did with this nest and the branches! Your grandson must be so pleased that you've painted it! The abstract design is really appealing and everything "works"! It is a "Wow"!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails