Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

SEPARATION ANXIETY


'Separation Anxiety'
Oil 6 x 6

I love tomatoes fresh from my garden, and during
the winter I buy these 'vine ripened' hothouse
tomatoes because they are the closest thing I can
find to the real deal. The other three tomatoes that
were connected to this vine became a delicious
supper of grilled provelone and tomato sandwiches
last night...leaving this little guy all by himself.

If you would like to see more of my work,
please check out my website. Thanks!

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

And sadly enough, the first thing that came to my mind when this blog opened is '4664' - the product code I have to input at work to ring up vine ripened tomatoes! That aside, Claire, you now have me craving what sounds like a delicious grilled cheese sandwich!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Lovely little painting! The gray/red contrast is especially effective.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thank you Sherry and Nancy.

Claire Kayser said...

Love this little tomato as lonely as it is! Very nicely done. Great color and tone gradations. Lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails