Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

SUMMER CURVES (Dix Hill Farm, Perry County, PA)



'Summer Curves'
Oil 16 x 20


This is a view of part of the Dix Hill Farm along
Route 34 in Perry County. It was a gorgeous, hot
Summer day, and the sky was so blue - but it was
that curving hill that caught my eye and made me
want to paint this scene. There's a great red barn to
the right of these fields, and there are usually sheep
grazing in the barnyard...so I don't think
I am done painting this farm just yet!



If you would like to see more of my work, please
see my website or my blog. Thank you.

6 comments:

Pat Koscienski said...

You made this look easy, but I bet it wasn't that easy to paint. To achieve that curve and push that background back, takes talent. Great job.

martinealison said...

Très joli point de vue effectivement... Votre ciel est sublime.

Autumn Leaves said...

Those trees are simply glorious, Claire. The skies perfect for a fresh, spring day! Beautiful painting!

Ann Gorbett said...

Wow Claire. This is a really stunning landscape. Trees can be so difficult to paint, but you have made it look so easy. And what a beautiful blue sky. I want to be there right now.

SYLVIANE said...

It's an original composition, and you master the greens!

Gwen Bell said...

The sky has that great summer look and you've painted the landscape so beautifully. Really appealing and soothing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails