Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Normandy - the American Cemetery and Omaha Beach

This was a very emotional day. Both my father and my father-in-law were in France during WWII, and both were wounded (my father-in-law very seriously).

We stood in the American Cemetery where almost ten thousand Americans are buried. As Taps was played out on a bugle, there wasn't a dry eye. Our fathers fought and so many lost their lives protecting our country and our allies.

Then we went to Omaha Beach, the site of D-Day.

I am going to try to post more than one picture and. Hope that the Internet won't bite my butt.





3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks for sharing this emotional day with us, Claire.
Have a safe trip back!

Autumn Leaves said...

This is just the sort of thing that have my tearing up too. And look at that marvelous sculpt on the trees!

hmuxo said...

Glad you're sharing your trip with us Claire!!! I love traveling with you!!!! Take care!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails