Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

BLEEDING HEARTS
100 Paintings in 100 Days 'Inspirations from a Back Yard' Challenge
02/100


'Bleeding Hearts' 02/100
6 x 6 Oil on panel

When we moved from California to Pennsylvania
when I was six years old, this was one of the
first flowers I remember seeing in my grandmother's garden.
Of course I was completely entranced - who could
believe that a flower could actually grow in the
shape of a heart, and be such a beautiful shade of
pink!
As an adult, I have always grown them wherever
I could have a garden and I still get the same
amount of pleasure seeing those little pink hearts
as I did when I was six.

If you would like to see more of my work, please
visit my website. Thank you.


Buy this painting on PayPalPrice: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h




2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I think I first saw this type of flower (or that I was aware of it, at any rate) from a Wet Canvas challenge. I enjoyed painting it and it came out so beautifully. Not as pretty as your's however. Gorgeous, Claire!

Pat Koscienski said...

I remember these. Nicely painted, Claire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails