Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

POOF!
100 Paintings in 100 Days 'Inspirations from a Back Yard' Challenge
01/100


'Poof!' 01/100
Oil 6 x 8 on stretched canvas

With the sudden onset of very warm weather we are having
today, the dandelions are exploding into seed all over our
lawn. Thought this would be a great way to start my
100 paintings in 100 Days Challenge/Inspirations from
a Back Yard
, because I know many of you are most likely
seeing the same thing in your own back yard!

I have to say sitting on Day 01 of my challenge is a bit
intimidating when I think of how many other paintings there
are to do, but then that is exactly what makes it
fun too!

Thanks for following the challenge!!!!

If you would like to see more of my work, please visit
my website.

Buy this painting on PayPalPrice: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h






12 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

This is absolutely a great #1! I am so looking forward to all of them.

Dana Cooper said...

Wow Claire, this really bodes well for what is to come...great piece!

Pat Koscienski said...

What a start, Claire! This is beautifully painted. I can't wait to accompany you on this journey! I just saw my name under your Blog of Note...THANK YOU for this acknowledgement!!

Earthula said...

Fantastic! You go girl!

Diana Marshall said...

You have painted a beautiful painting of a humble dandelion and made it into a work of art, wow! Yes they are all over my garden too, blooming away at the moment.

Autumn Leaves said...

Wow, Claire! You've handled this so beautifully! Oddly enough, I just photographed this same 'gone to seed' dandelion a couple of weeks ago thinking its perfect roundness was so pretty. I don't know what I hadn't realized that this was how dandelions seed...(don't ask me what I thought this meant when they looked like this; I couldn't figure out how they went from sturdy flowers to ethereal balls of puff!). I love the colors you've captured in the little seed stems as they head toward the center. Such a pretty start to your challenge!

Art with Liz said...

This is terrific Claire!

aktmanda1122 said...

Poof! If only it was that easy to make them go away from your yard and flower beds. Love the challenge!!!!

Barbara said...

Love these. Love your painting.

Anne C M Campbell said...

This is fantastic! Such intricate work and you have to finish this in a day - I am impressed. I look forward to the rest of the project.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thanks so much for the comments, everyone!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Wow! Great job - it looks so whispy and soft!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails